How Do We End Hunger?
- Students are selected to receive food donations based upon recommendations by teachers most familiar with their specific family context.
- Fresh food is delivered to the schools Friday morning via wholesale distribution channels.
- Volunteers divide up the food into discrete, unmarked reusable bags.
- Teachers and volunteers discreetly deliver bags of food to students each week to take home over the weekend.
- Often the volunteer coordinators also provide recipes, meal suggestions or even cooking classes to support the students.
- Students and their families prepare meals with the food.
- Students return the empty bags every Monday morning to be refilled for the following week.
Our Volunteer Coordinators make long-term commitments to the program and build trusted long-term relationships with the children who benefit from our programs.
Many of our volunteers have been with our organization since its founding. These volunteers include dedicated:
- School Administrators
- Police Officers
- Community Leaders
- Corporate Partner Volunteers
- Church Leaders
- And many others…